There are no changes to tobacco excise.
Excise duties on all alcohol products are being reduced with effect from midnight on 9 December 2009. The reductions, when VAT is included, amount to:
- 12 cent on a pint of standard beer and cider
- 8 cent on a 33cl bottle of beer (4.7% alcohol content)
- 60 cent on a standard 75cl bottle of wine
- 14 cent on a standard measure of spirits
- €2.76 on a standard 70cl bottle of spirits (40% alcohol content).
Pro-rata reductions are being applied to other alcohol products.